The New Bedford Foundry and Machine Shop (Taber & Grinnell Iron Foundry Building) was constructed in 1856 and is the oldest building along New Bedford’s historic waterfront. The building is part of the former New Bedford Gas and Edison Light Complex, a district listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Bruner/Cott is designing the adaptive reuse of the three-story historic foundry to be used a base for offshore wind development and operations.
The Foundry building will be rehabilitated and utilized as office and operations space. The building’s 3-story granite masonry facades will be restored and complemented by a new masonry addition and circulation core.