At Bruner/Cott Architects, we are dedicated to enhancing quality of life, economic vigor, and sense of community through thoughtful and sustainable design. The most effective design solutions derive from a creative interpretation of place, culture, program, and responsibility. Architecture is a site-specific art rather than an imposed style. Our practice thoughtfully considers each project within the context of mission and community.
Whether new construction, adaptive transformation, historic preservation, or a large-scale planning project, our buildings communicate with their surroundings – each with its own identity, each in response to its own program, time, and place.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts, we serve cultural, educational, and commercial clients nationally. Our design philosophy is inclusive in approach and collaborative in nature, where project success is supported by clear communication with our clients and function and form meet resulting in buildings that are beautiful, sustainable, and integrated with their surroundings.
Our mission is to:
- Transform place by creating architecture of enduring value
- Achieve design excellence through collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking
- Craft thoughtful design solutions that fulfill our clients’ aspirations
- Enhance the human experience while respecting the natural environment
We are driven by:
- Design excellence
- Compelling ideas and new ways of thinking
- Active commitment to a sustainable practice
- An energetic, inspiring, and collaborative culture
- Research that informs design
- Outstanding service
- Fiscal responsibility
- Work/life balance
- Employee development and growth
- Solutions that enrich people’s lives