LBC 4.0 Workshop | Boston
September 20 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm$180 – $200
The Living Building Challenge (LBC) calls for the creation of building projects that operate as cleanly, beautifully, and efficiently as nature’s architecture. The LBC is the built environment’s most rigorous performance standard. As a standard, it provides a holistic approach to high-performance building that aims to address health, community, equity, energy, water, and beyond.
The LBC 4.0 is the next step in the evolution of the Living Building Challenge that continues the standard’s mission of visionary but attainable building goals while also recognizing that not all projects face the same challenges or share in the same opportunities. LBC 4.0 provides a streamlined approach focused on maximizing a project’s positive impacts specific to the place, community, and culture.
Join us on September 20th as we learn about this evolutionary next step for the Living Building Challenge. Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high-performance design
- Describe the intents and requirements for designing high-performing, sustainable, and resilient building projects
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
This event is approved for the following continuing education credits:
- 4 LFA Foundational CE credits*
- 4 AIA LU|HSW
*This workshop fulfills 4 LFA Foundational CE credits and can be reported as a substitute for the ‘Understanding the Living Building Challenge’ course.