At Bruner/Cott Architects, we are dedicated to enhancing quality of life, economic vigor, and sense of community through thoughtful, sustainable design. We believe the most effective design solutions derive from a creative interpretation of place, culture, program, and responsibility to our planet. We see architecture as a site-specific art rather than an imposed style, thoughtfully considering each project within the context of its mission and its community.
As pioneers in adaptive reuse, we recognize the character and value of an existing structure and understand that sustainable design extends beyond the boundaries of a single building. Whether new construction, adaptive reuse, historic preservation, or a large-scale planning project, we make buildings that communicate with their surroundings—each with its own identity, each in response to its own program, time, and place.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we serve cultural, educational, and commercial clients nationally. Our designers and practitioners, share a common design philosophy that is inclusive in its approach and collaborative in nature, where project success is supported by clear communication with our clients and function and form meet to create buildings that are beautiful, sustainably built, and integrated with their surroundings.
Our mission is to:
- Transform place by creating architecture of enduring value
- Achieve design excellence through collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking
- Craft thoughtful design solutions that fulfill our clients’ aspirations
- Enhance the human experience while respecting the natural environment
We are driven by:
- Design excellence
- Compelling ideas and new ways of thinking
- Active commitment to a sustainable practice
- An energetic, inspiring, and collaborative culture
- Research that informs design
- Outstanding service
- Fiscal responsibility
- Work/life balance
- Employee development and growth
- Solutions that enrich people’s lives